My skin broke out a lot because of the Missha's best seller set, which is really disappointing. :'( So I searched for trial kits that can help my skin to recover. Considering the price, reviews and recommendations from my friends, I decided to give it a try on Etude's AC Clinic trial kit.
Designed as a daily cleanser for those with combo, oily, or acne prone skin. Formulated with Salicylic Acid, Triclosan and Sandalwood Oil, this cleanser is great for removing unwanted impurities and killing deeply rooted acne-related bacteria to keep your skin fresh and clear all day and every day.
* Contains stearic acid(acts as emulsifier), (provides moisture and acts as emulsifier), lauric acid (an emulsifier), butylene glycol (locks in moisture) which can trigger break outs. It also have potassium hydroxide (adjusts pH level) and salicylic acid (exfoliates dead skin cells) that can irritate the skin.
AC Clinic Daily Toner 25ml
Formulated with Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress extract, AC Clinic Toner delivers trouble care. Skin Toner removes pore clogging residues.
* Alcohol (acts as solvent), salicylic acid (exfoliator/anti-inflammatory/skin whitening) and potassium hydroxide (can adjust pH levels) can trigger skin irritations like, severe dryness and redness. Excessive amounts of alcohol is not recommended for oily skin types, because it will make the skin produce more oil by irritating nerve endings. Meanwhile, stearic acid (emulsifier)and butylene glycol (moisturizes the skin) can cause acne.
AC Clinic Daily Gel Lotion 25ml
Formulated with Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress extract, AC Clinic Gel Lotion delivers trouble care. Skin Lotion maintains oil and moisture balance to supply trouble care and prevention.
* Butylene glycol (helps to lock in moisture), dimethicone (helps to from protective barrier to the skin) can clog pores that can cause acne later on. Alcohol (solvent) and carbomer (controls viscosity and forms gel) can cause skin irritations and allergic reactions.
AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot 5ml + 10pcs cotton swab
Formulated with Sulfur Powder (antibiotic), Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress extract, AC Clinic Pink Powder Spot soothes, heals, and brightens blemishes with a more powerful, advanced medicated formula. Pink Powder alleviates trouble swelling on contact to minimize damage. Comes with cotton swabs for application.
*Dimethicone (helps to from protective barrier to the skin), zinc oxide (sun protection), and stearic acid (emulsifier) can trigger break outs by clogging pores.
AC Clinic Sun BB Cream
Formulated with Salicylic acid and Hinoki Cypress, AC Clinic delivers trouble care, UV protecttion BB cream supplies natural expression coverage with non comedogenic formula.
* Zinc oxide (protects the skin from harmful UV rays) and stearic acid (emulsifier) can cause the acne.
How to use:
Foam Cleanser >> Toner >> Gel Lotion >> Pink Powder Spot >> Sun BB Cream
1. Wash face with the Foam Cleanser.
2. Apply the Toner onto the face using a cotton pad.
3. Shake the bottle. Apply enough Gel Lotion onto the face then pat skin lightly to absorb.
4. Do not shake the Pink Powder bottle before using. Make sure the pink powder settled in the bottom of the bottle first. Dip a cotton swab until the bottle bottom to get the powder then dab and coat breakouts with the powder.
5. Use the Sun BB Cream as a base make-up.
This product is so hard to get! Every time I visit Etude House stores, it is always out of stock. They told me to make a reservation for it because it is selling so fast. And because of that I became more curious and excited to try the products. So I don't have a choice but to pre-order it in an online shop.
So I will start with the cleanser. As always, a pea size goes a long way. After using the cleanser, my skin feels squicky clean, but feels so tight. It really made my skin so rough and dry. Next is the toner. The first thing you will notice with the toner is the smell. Herbal like smell or like efficascent oil or taichi that my mom and lola uses. But it is bearable, actually I like the smell! So ajhumma haha. It is really good in removing stubborn dirt that can clog pores. Same as the toner, the lotion also smells like herbal ointment. To be honest, I don't like this lotion. My skin feels so greasy whenever I use this. Oil control is really really bad. The next product is the pink powder spot treatment. It helps to eliminate and reduce the appearance of pimples or zits. For larger zits and cystic acne it takes a longer time to heal. I use this pink powder only at night because I look ridiculous with pink spots in my face haha. Yah, somehow it helped with some pimples but not totally clear it all up. The last product that I will talk about is the bb cream. It has a creamy texture and it doesn't feel heavy to my face. Though there is only one shade, it blends in my natural skin tone. With a SPF level of 30, it can fairly protect the skin from harmful UV rays. The coverage is light to medium which is okay. It can control oil for only 2-3 hours in a non-air condition place and a bit longer in a well ventilated place.
Since there so many ingredients,I will only highlight the main ingredients of this skin care line. First, Hinoki Cypress is extracted from Chamaecyparis obtusa tree or bonsai tree, promotes collagen production, skin whitening, moisture, skin regeneration and is a powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient. Salicylic acid is a popular ingredient used to treat acne. It known for its ability to soften, exfoliate and prevent dead skin cells and dirt to clog pores. Though it sheds dead skin cells, it only works in the outer layer of the skin, which means this product cannot eliminate the bacterias that can cause acne. It can cause dryness, irritations, and allergic reactions. Triclosan is an anti-bacterial agent. It can cause skin irritations and hormonal toxicity in excessive amount . Sandalwood oil is used as fragrance, it can cause skin irritations and allergies, specially to those with sensitive skin.
After 4 days of using this ac clinic line, I noticed that some of my zits starts to clear up. But but but! Some larger pimples also started to appear. And after 2 weeks, my skin condition didn't improve. So I decided to stop using this line. I am so sad and disappointed with the AC clinic line. Good thing I only bought the trial kit. To sum it all up, this ac clinic line works amazing to others but not in my skin. It made my skin rough and tight and the lotion feels so greasy to my skin. It contains some ingredients that can irritate the skin and can cause break outs, so for those with sensitive skin you might want to consult your dermatologist before you use this. And I'll rate it with 2.5/5.
If you have any questions or inquiries please leave a comment below. Don't forget to follow this blog for more beauty related post. For updates in my daily life please follow me in facebook, tweeter, instagram. I'll be back with more product reviews. My blog sale is still on going so feel free to browse the items here.
We will soon launch our online shop (Philippines only) Kbeauty HQ. Please follow our instagram and facebook page for updates.So I will be back with more product reviews. Happy Chinese New Year! ^.^